It’s #MCM and I, of course, only have eyes for one man… my husband, duh! This past Saturday marked exactly six months that my husband and I have been married! Crazy! They say the first year of marriage is really hard but these six months have been a breeze! They haven’t been perfect but nothing ever is!
All-in-all, I love being married! Here’s why.
- I live with my best friend. Forever!
- I found my “person”.
- I’m his biggest fan and vice versa.
- The intimacy has yet to die and I don’t think it ever will.
- He cooks better than me.
- Our life plans include each other. Always.
- He completes my little family 🙂
- I always have someone to do the heavy lifting. 💪🏽
- His money is my money and my money is my money. Jk. 😜
- He’s my photographer and it’s FREE! Perks!
- He’s creative so he contributes a lot of ideas to my blog.
- We communicate so much better now.
- We bring each other surprises. (Mostly pop vinyl figures and food lol)
- He teaches me something new almost everyday.
- The trust is there now more than ever.
- I get to call this handsome man “my husband”.
- Hearing him call me his wife brings a genuine smile to my face.
- We both enjoy the same things so choosing a date night activity is easy peasy.
- He’s great with our dogs. (They listen to him more than me.)
- I can be myself around him.
- I always have someone to listen to me vent, gossip, think out loud, etc.
- Even if we disagree, we’re still always on the same team.
- We laugh so much together.
- I adore my new last name 🙂
- My overall mood and life has improved so much after we said “I do”. I’m a happier person because of it and I couldn’t be more pleased with the man I chose to call my husband and Mekhi’s stepfather!
I could probably go on and on but I don’t want to bore you all! ✌🏼
Happy Six Months, Bro!