Yas! It’s December and we are simply haaaaving a wonderful Christmas time! Well, I am at least. Here’s 25 reasons why I am enjoying the holidays this year
- It’s an amazing distraction from the worst Presidential elections in my lifetime.
- Every store is decorated
- Retail sales! $8.50 3-wick candles, don’t mind if I do!
- Local radio stations that play only Christmas music all day long
- Christmas shopping for my son (I stood in the GameStop Black Friday line from 3am-5am and I’ve never been more proud of myself)
- Visiting my mom’s house and seeing literally every room decorated for Christmas (even the bathroom)
- Having a Christmas tree in the living room for a month
- Thinking of creative gifts that my family will love
- You can wear sequins and glitter without getting questioned
- Everyone seems friendlier
- Snow is bearable because the holidays just don’t make sense without snow
- Holiday rom coms on the Hallmark Channel
- The Santa display in the middle of the mall
- Christmas music playing in every store and restaurant
- Starbuck’s Holiday drinks (including pumpkin spice latte
- Holiday themed episodes of my favorite shows
- Great Lakes Christmas Ale (A Cleveland brewery)
- Holiday parties
- Hanging out with family
- Vacation time from work
- The “Santa Clause is watching” lie works on your kids when they’re misbehaving
- You have an excuse to watch Elf, although, you’ve actually been watching it all year
- My son’s Christmas concert. I love watching him and his class sing 🙂
- Christmas lights, duh!
Happy Holidays, Loves!